Chardham Yatra General Terms & Conditions
We take care of all your requirements and wishes at every instant and location of the voyage.
YOUR TRIP INCLUSIONS
● Sightseeing of the scheduled spots/areas in accordance with the itinerary. The program and itinerary are created after consulting you and in accordance with your comfort.
● All buffet meals, including breakfast, lunch and dinner at the restaurants/hotels are mentioned in the holiday package details (the buffet vary with the package you choose).
● Single, double and triple accommodation (solo or sharing basis) provided in accordance with your choice.
● Children below 5 years of age can share their parent’s bed free of cost (complimentary).
● All sightseeing, excursions and transfers according to the pre-decided itinerary. A private vehicle fully dedicated towards the purpose will be used
● All transport and parking related expenses are covered (including the Driver related expenses)
● Fuel expenses, driver allowances, toll taxes and the like are included
● All hotel related expenses and taxes are included
● GST (including IGST and SGST) and other government taxes are included
● A fully dedicated customer service cell instantly reachable through a 24-hour phone number is provided
● Assistance with luggage and vehicle provided on arrival at the pre-determined destination
● No other costs charged. A total absence of any kind of hidden cost
The below-given expenses are not included in the package and will be borne directly by the client itself, shall they occur.
• All kinds of personal expenses including those made towards telephone calls/ recharge, laundry/washing/ironing, tips, gratuity, soft/hard drinks and other beverages purchased by self, mineral water bottles and cans, luggage portage charges etc.
● All expenses that are not mentioned in the “inclusion” list above
● Expenses made towards any new itinerary addition (in the form of newly added sightseeing destination) not mentioned previously in the original itinerary list
● Entrance fee to various sights, parks, destination etc and the associated guide fee/charges
● All kinds of expenses that arise because of a natural calamity (in the form of rock/landslides, strikes, agitations, political disturbances of other nature, riots etc). These expenses will be borne by the customer/client and he/she shall have to pay the costs on the spot itself
● All expenditures made towards the increased cost. These may include an increase in fuel prices, increase in the Airline taxes and the like that cause an increase in the transportation/stay/other costs. These cost increases will occur post arrival and pre-departure.
● All expenses made towards the purchase of minor or major electronic gadgets inducing chargers, cameras etc. .
● The rates do not apply to the peak Festive time and season.
● The rates of accommodation in hotels are based on the availability reservation of it in the hotels. In case the mentioned hotels do not have rooms/accommodation available, alternate stay accommodations will be subsequently arranged in hotels belonging to the same class/category (will offer similar amenities).
● The early and late Check-Ins will be again subject to the room/accommodation availability. Most hotels have set the 12:00 noon time for Check-In and Check-out purposes in Chardham region and tourist sector.
● Cancellation of the plans will invite the cancellation fee/charge, as per the company norms and policy.
● Any and all vehicles for the trip will be arranged in accordance with the itinerary, and not subject to disposal. The Air Conditioner will only be switched on while driving in the plains. The Air Conditioner of the vehicle will be switched on in the plains of Hardwar and Dehradun and not in the hill drive. The package that you have opted for will also exert constraints and amenities towards this end.
● The sightseeing will be subject to and constrained by the political, traffic and weather conditions during the voyage/trip. Changes shall be made when the conditions go extremely adverse.
● Retention/fee will be charged if the Check-In gets delayed or is cancelled due to any of the 3rd party services (including a pony, helicopter, palaki and others). The accommodation that will be next provided will b subject to the availability of it in the hotels.
● No refunds and adjustments will be made for the sightseeing activities and destinations that get missed due to political/weather disturbances, natural calamities and other unforeseen reason that we cannot control.
●The entrance and other similar fees (to parks, monuments etc.) will have to be paid by the client directly at the venue/spot, which he/she shall visit in accordance to the itinerary.
● We advised against travelling at night. Supplement charges will be levied when necessary.
PAYMENT POLICY & SCHEDULE
● 25% of the tour package cost needs to be deposited at the “booking” time.
● Next 50% of the tour package cost should be deposited at least 30 days before the actual date of departure.
● The remaining 25% (complete 100%) should be deposited at least 15 days before the date of actual departure.
T & C (The General Terms and Conditions)
The “Advance” Booking Charges/Fee
● At least 45 days prior to the departure: 25% of the total amount, per individual
● At least 30 days prior to the departure: 50% of the total amount, per individual
● At least 15 days prior to the departure: 100% of the total amount
Cancellation Rules and Policy
When/If you cancel the Holiday Tour Plan and Package
The travel arrangements and the tour can be cancelled by either you or anyone else in your tour party. An email or a written notification in this regard must be received by us at our offices. The cancellation charges that will hence be levied will be in accordance with our duly published cancellation policy detailed below.
● Cancellation charges per individual/person
● When cancellation is done between 30 to 16 days before the date of departure: 50% of the package cost
● When cancellation is done 15 days before the date of departure: 100%
● In case the customer does not show or cancels the tour when it has commenced: 100%
When/If we cancel or make changes to the holiday tour plan/package
We plan and make all arrangements in advance and it is highly unlikely that plans are changed or cancelled by our ends. Still, we might be required to occasionally make changes to the tour plan (due to sudden external and internal circumstances and/or other reasons) and we possess the right to make the changes. If any changes are made, these will be informed and advised to you at the earliest time possible. If your tour gets cancelled by us (we possess the right to do the same), we will assign and detail you the reasons for the same.
If we cannot provide you with one or all the travel arrangements as per the package for reason that we cannot control (for instance political unrest and bad weather among others):
● We will primarily try to provide you with alternative dates if the tour has not yet commenced. The dates will be booked only when you confirm the same.
● If the holiday tour has started already, we will refund to you the fee charged (the booking price) after taking into consideration the tour portion that has been already utilized or completed by you.
● Our liability towards returning the fee, under all circumstances, will be limited to the amount/price that we charged to you initially (as the fee of the tour).
Rules and policy related to the change of tour plan
The individual/person who has booked with us the tour plan can only request a change in plan, in writing. The request can be made after the primary booking has been made and we will try our level best to accommodate your revised wishes (for instances change in the tour accommodation or the departure date among others). Still, there is no guarantee that these changes will be available, and there can be other reasons as well for their non-implementation. The cost thus incurred towards the implementation of the changes (if implemented) will be borne by you, the client.
Rules and policy for grievance notification and handling
If you face any kind of issue or problem during the tour, kindly inform immediately the supplier of the product/service (transporter, driver, hotelier and other relevant people) directly and/or our company representative. The supplier and the representative will ensure that the things are set in order. In case the issue does not gets resolved, forward your complaint to us in writing within 28 days of your returning after the tour. Provide relevant information (like the booking reference number) in the mail We are extremely happy and willing to assist towards the grievance redressal and will coordinate with the relevant supplier /contractor for the same. While we will take all measures to ensure your satisfaction, there are certain 3rd party suppliers/contractors that are independent and we exert no influence over their service and actions, as they do not fall under our supervision and control.
Liability we have towards you
We hereby accept complete responsibility towards the worldly providence/implementation of all the travel arrangements that you, the client, book with us, in both letter and spirit. If in case one or more parts of the travel arrangements are not actually provided/implemented because of the fault or negligence of our agents, employees and /or representatives, we will henceforth pay to you an appropriate compensation, if you were unable to enjoy the tour and its promised amenities/features. The liability that we have to this effect is limited to the price that we charged on you for the travel arrangements.
Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for the services/products/actions of the 3rd party service providers. For instance, the transporters are responsible for any delay towards travel arrangements and inefficient and/or negligent hospitality is the responsibility of the hoteliers.
We act as the operators of your holiday tour and are not responsible towards managing your personal duties/obligations and responsibilities. Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for the omissions, misdemeanours and acts are done by you. We also cannot be held responsible towards the management of your personal duties and affairs. For instance, we hold no responsibility towards the safety of your luggage, travel documents, personal belongings etc. and cannot be held accountable for the same before, during or after the tour.
It is entirely your wish and/or responsibility to buy a holiday tour insurance and we do not have any responsibility towards the same.
We do not guarantee exactness
While we try our best to carry out the promises (in the form of travel arrangements) made by us to you to the letter, we do not and cannot guarantee exactness of the same. For example, the hotel -room photographs that have been posted on our company website are sourced/received from the Management of the respective hotel. The visual effect and appeal of the room to you is not guaranteed by us. Likewise, our assurance towards the enjoyment of tour does not guarantee that it will match your personal perception, mental image or imagination of the same.
Notes/points of general importance
All price changes will be communicated to you at the earliest time possible. We will only proceed further if you confirm the changes. There will be no cost reductions provided for the services that remain un-utilized by you. The additional charges or the surcharges will be added to the holiday tour price. The same will be notified and communicated prior to the confirmation of the tour plan or at the time of booking.
The advance payment has to be made by you at the time you book/confirm the tour with us. The rest of the amount or the balance has to be paid by you to us at least 35 days prior to the actual tour commencement date.
Deposit Forfeiture Rules and Policy
We possess the right to forfeit the deposit (interest-free and non-refundable) that you pay to us under certain circumstances. These include booking cancellation by you, failure towards adherence to the initial “tour” payment schedule (as informed and communicated to you via the documentation “Check-List”), non-granting of the Visa by a country, you being unable to travel on tour because of any other reasons (such as sickness, medical grounds, legal grounds etc.), and others. The deposit will be forfeited in these cases. The “How To Book” section of the travel-brochure details the scale of cancellation and the brochure rules shall be binding and will be applied.
It is also hereby advised that the above-given rules/provisions/notes are the complete and sole T and C or terms and conditions that govern the tour operations of the tour, and are supplemented by “User Agreement” only. None of our agents our employees have any rights to change, modify or amend these points and conditions, and hence you need to rely on them “as is”. We at Yatra possess all rights to change the T & C any time without providing you with a notice.
The Pickup and Drop Facility, and Vehicle Related Provisions
- The vehicle and its respective driver details will be provided to you on your mobile/cell phone contact number. The details will be transferred by our software system 12 hours before your preliminary arrival. We advise you not to do a follow-up with the driver and vehicle details.
- While it occurs rarely, the driver/vehicle details may change at the last minute because of unforeseen reasons including technical, external and other reasons.
- For all the customers who arrive at the New Delhi station by the Rajdhani Express, the pick-up will be done at the Ajmeri Gate exit point.
- For all the customers who arrive at the Hazrat Nizamuddin Station, the exit will be via platform number 1 and the pick-up parking will be at the Consumer Restaurant.
- The vehicles that we will provide to you will be in good condition and approximately 2 years old.
- Upon your arrival, kindly communicate to the Driver the “ Travel City” details and the “Hotel” details, so that he can take you to the destination without confusion.
- Kindly communicate the driver the “next” day schedule, program and pre-booked itinerary.
- All customers/guests have to walk themselves to the parking area as the vehicles will be parked only at the parking provided in the railway stations, hotels, airports and sightseeing areas.
- The average vehicular speed will be around 60 km/hr to 80km/hr on the highways, and around 20km/hr to 35km/hr on the hilly tracks. The heavy vehicles will travel with a lesser speed limit. Never force the driver to increase vehicle’s speed.
- The Time and Distance figures provided in your itinerary are mentioned on an approximate basis, and we have used our past experiences and judgment to provide the figures. The time and other details may vary for different destinations, vehicles, seasons, travel time (for instance day or night), driver and other aspects.
- Please be advised that any vehicle bigger than the size of Toyota Innova is not permitted to enter Nainital from 8 AM morning to 9 PM evening.
- The vehicles are not permitted an entry into the Mall Road from 5 PM to 9 PM. The parking area is located half a kilometres before the road (from either way) from where the guests have to walk themselves.
- If you travel using a heavy vehicle, local sightseeing will be accomplished by local transport arrangement when heavy vehicles are not permitted within the city.
- Except in the cases of Pick and Drop and Emergency, the vehicular timing will be from 7 AM to 7 PM.
- The Air Conditioner (AC) of the vehicle will not be used and run in the vehicle while travelling on the hilly tracks and hilly regions including Barkot, Chardham Yatra, Gangotri, Uttarkashi, Kedarnath, Guptkashi, Badrinath, Pipalkoi, Joshimath, Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Nainital, Rishikesh, Binser, Ranikhet, Kausani, Mussorie and others. Kindly do not argue with or force the issue with the Driver or us while travelling. The AC will be used or permitted in the plain/surface travel areas only. AC is strictly not permitted for a travel from Delhi to Dehradun, Hardwar, Corbett and Rishikesh and the return journey.
- The vehicle parking at Har-Ki-Pauri, Hardwar, is located approx. 1.5 kilometres before the destination. From the parking, you to walk yourself. Pedal rickshaws and other modes of commute are available.
- Multiple tourist destinations and hill stations have certain areas like Mall Road, Shopping Markets, Roads etc. that have the “ No Entry” sign for the private and tourist vehicles. There may also be certain time-related restrictions. When faced with this situation, the guest will have to manage other modes of transport (will have an additional cost) and will have to pay for the service directly on the spot. The tour package does not include these costs.
- Our vehicle can only be used for sightseeing mentioned in the itinerary. Any other sightseeing not included in the package will not be allowed. Also, no refunds will be provided for the unused and hence missing sightseeing.
- All sightseeing en-route will be done in a given time period. The vehicle will not return to visit the sights again if you miss them.
- While we provide your vehicle to the best of the condition, it may break down. If this happens, keep you cool. We will make the alternate and necessary arrangements in the least of time. Problems like ignition, puncture and others are minor faults and may also be overcome on the spot. The issues can occur in any vehicle and hence kindly co-operate.
- The vehicle will be changed in case a major breakdown or a non-repairable technical issue or a major unforeseen condition occurs. It will not be changed for silly and minor reasons such as small carrier, old vehicle, uncomfortable seat. Bad tyres, AC not performing well, un-adjusting Driver to guest and the like.
- Repairable vehicles or the vehicles which face an issue that can be solved will not be changed. For any change, the guest will have to pay extra. Hence think before making vehicle change request to us that is based on minor and silly reasons.
- The increased cost burden because of unforeseen circumstances (including weather changes, political unrest etc.) that lead to extra arrangements for extra nights in the resorts/hotels, meals, extra distance run in kilometres etc. will be charged on the client. He must agree for the same as part of T & C. We will not entertain any argument in this regard, which will be not allowed, as we will ourselves have no control and will be helpless in these kinds of situations.
- We will work to find both short-term and “sure” solutions towards vehicle change and other issues.
- Guests should take into consideration that no extra/other sightseeing (not mentioned in the itinerary) shall be allowed.
- The Air Conditioner (AC) will not be allowed/permitted to run if the vehicle is in a stationary or non-moving condition.
- The cooling provided by the Air Conditioner of the vehicle provided by us should not be compared with the private vehicles. The high-end vehicles may have higher quality ACs and hence the cooling will differ.
- The bigger tourist vehicles including the Wingers, Coaches and Tempos among others that accommodate more than 6 guests may have the AC cooling issue. The cooling may be less evident because of large size and a greater number of passengers.
- If the fuel prices are hiked later to the booking date, the transportation costs may get affected consequently.
- River rafting is available on the Mussoorie trip. Our vehicle bears no responsibility to take you to the river rafting location (as a kind of exclusive trip).
- All the Uttrakhand sightseeing will be done once as per the itinerary. The second visit to the tourist spots is not permitted.
- The vehicles that the guests hire from our company have their limitations in terms of days of use, and kilometres they will run. Any extra usage of the vehicle in terms of DAYS and KILOMETERS will hence be charged accordingly, by the transporter. Further, we are entitled to decide on providing such “use”.
- It is the transporter who will decide how many kilometres the vehicle has run (meter reading noted from a garage to garage). A complete vehicle cycle is considered, which is more than the use of the vehicle by the guest (from the guest tour starting point to the destination). The circle shall be complete. The Driver will also use the vehicle for going to a meal and these kilometres will be included in the total.
- If the guest does not want the Driver to use the hired vehicle, they will have to bear the expenses of the Driver meal and accommodation.
- The DVD, LCD, television, CD player and other gadgets and services of the like are provided by the transporter on a complimentary basis. These may or may not be there in the vehicle that we provide. The facility will not necessarily and compulsorily be there and only some of the vehicles have these extensive facilities.
- Some State Governments do not allow the use of music systems within the vehicles. The guest must follow the rules and should not argue with or force the driver to break government laid rules and regulations.
- The guest must not take any guarantee or responsibility towards using the vehicle in a “ No Entry” area, “No Vehicle” area, and the like. They should also not encourage the driver towards increasing speed limits and break government rules.
Hotels/Resorts and Amenities/rooms offered by them
- The guests (including Indian and Foreign nationals) have to produce a valid ID (Identification Proof) once they Check-In a hotel or Resort, as per the Government Directives and rules. The ID must have a photograph and can be Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Pan Card etc.
- The ideal time for Check-In is considered to be 14:00 or 2 PM. The Check-out timing is 11:00 AM.
- Facilities towards Early Check-In and/or Late Check-Out will be subject to the availability of rooms and resorts and the extra cost will be levied. Guests should acknowledge that they would Check-In a hotel at their own set time which is not binding for the hotels. The guest should try not to cause inconvenience to other tourists.
- The hotels that we offer you in Delhi are located in the Mahipalpur area (because of its proximity to the airport). The budget accommodations can be provided in Delhi as it is the transit point.
- Because of the weather conditions that prevail in the hilly regions of Uttrakhand the whole year, the hotel rooms in these regions might not have the Fan and the Air Conditioner. The hotel may charge for an AC room and the guest will have to pay directly. We advise you ask and confirm the kind of room that you want to book, in advance, so that there is no confusion later on.
- Some hotels are located on the outskirts/peripheries of the city/tourist spot area. They offer scenic views, tranquillity, large parking space, no pollution, no traffic noise and easy accessibility, among other benefits.
- Many of the hotels/resorts of the area do not permit the guests to venture out of the property after the 7 PM time (due to security issues).
- All the hotel and accommodation-related bookings will be done in the base/standard room category. Hotels will also provide the standard category rooms. For up-gradation (subject to availability), the guest will have to pay the extra charges on the spot.
- Guests are advised not to pre-judge the hotel rooms and their amenities, as the accommodations/rooms and their features vary from one destination to another, and form one hotel to another. We will provide you with the name of the hotel and the details of the type of room (during quotation), and will also transfer you the written document in this regard. We have a preference for certain hotels based on positive customer feedback, the absence of problems/complaints and other reasons.
- Complimentary rooms and upgraded rooms can be provided if they are available. The Hotel T & C will apply in these cases.
- If more than 1 room is booked in one or more hotel/resort located at one or more destinations, they may differ in terms of size, amenities, facilities, floor and in other ways. The rooms may also differ when they booked in the same category.
- The hotels in the hilly areas may be categorized in the Premium, Luxury, Deluxe and Standard categories and not in “Stars” as they are in the metropolitan areas. They will offer the same amenities, features and facilities. The guest can inquire with us more about it.
- In most cases, the hotels will provide you with the printed rates, where the taxes and the meal cost are not included. We include the meals and taxes in the cost and offer you best value for your money.
- For the gust who are quite cautious of the quality of food, menu, accommodation amenities and facilities, we recommend that they should opt for a luxury or a premium category hotel/resort at the time of booking. This will prevent any kind of confusion, complication and regret later on.
- You may want to extend your budget at the time of booking in order to actually get what you need as part of your travel arrangements. Guest may have negative opinions such as low category accommodation, a feeling of being cheated, vacations got spoiled, should have opted for better options and others, if they try to save money while booking. Remember that you get what you pay.
- To get the best of arrangements you will have to spend more. For 100 rupees spent towards luxury, you get 90 rupees worth of returns. You will never get a 200% return on your travel arrangement booking amount.
- Guest should realize that we have to make all the arrangements within the budgeted money provided by the guest.
- The guest can check-out from the hotel if he or she is not satisfied with the resort/hotel accommodation. We will not refund any amount in this case. We pay to the hotels well in advance for reserving the room for you. The hotels also do not further book the rooms reserved by us for any other clients, and they will not like to keep the rooms vacant and lose money and business.
- Hotels may provide a refund if the accommodation/room reservation and booking is cancelled at least 15 days before the Check-In date. The in-season conditions may further vary and in all cases, the hotel “Room Cancellation” T & C will apply.
- We will use our relationship with the hotels and resorts to bring the best results to our clients. The genuineness of the problem and availability are some aspects that will influence the outcomes.
- Many hotels will charge extra for the use of room heater. The client will have to pay for the service directly on the spot.
- The hotel and it’s management reserve the right to change the accommodation/reservation of the guest can also shift the guest to other accommodations because of unavoidable and unforeseen circumstances. The revised rates of similar rooms or the similar rates will be applied towards the charges and the guest should agree, are not allowed to argue for the matter.
- All guests are hereby advised to check and re-check the vouchers that we provide to them before the commencement of the tour. If you spot any mistakes/anomalies related to room-type, meal plans, dates and other aspects, kindly communicate to us at the earliest. Also, communicate the details when you spot the mistakes or alterations on the spot so that any confusion and mismanagement can be avoided.
Food and Meal Related Travel Arrangements
- The guests will be served the ideal meals on the basis of a before-set meal credit/fixed meal/ buffet menu. All items consumed by the guests that do not make part of the prior set menu/buffet will be charged extra and the charges have to be paid by the guest on the spot. The hotels decide upon the meal-credit policy and amount instead of a fixed menu or a buffet. If the amount is greater than the credit amount, you will have to pay the extra charges.
- The ideal timing for breakfast and dinner is 8 AM-9.30AM and 8 PM to 10 PM. The timings may also vary in different destinations and hotels. We request you to have your meals at the hotel and check the timings yourselves. The meal arrangements do not include a meal arrangement and you will have to pay extra for the service if you opt for it. The packed meals will not be provided as you are supposed to have your meals at the hotel itself, as per the tout package rules and regulations. Hence do not argue with the Hotel staff and management regarding the issue.
- Complimentary child meals are allowed in the fixed meal/meal as per the discretion of the hotel/resort. All the food items, buffet items, and beverages that are not included in the buffet menu shall be charged extra and the guest will pay for the “extra” food items directly on the spot. Kindly see the main menu and price chart for details related to pricing of food and recipes. No discount related or other kinds of disputes will be entertained and sorted out by us once the bill has been generated.
- If you are unable to have the meal(because of being late or skipping it intentionally), we or the hotel will not provide any alternate meal arrangement. There will also be no refunds for the same.
- While some hotels offer you the non-vegetarian meals, others offer entirely or pure-vegetarian meals. Hence choose a hotel in line with your eating preferences. The pure-vegetarian hotels do not provide any non-vegetarian food items.
- The hotels that serve the non-vegetarian foods may offer limited non-vegetarian recipes but unlimited quantity. The hotel management decides what foods are to be included in the fixed menu/ideal buffet.
- Kindly clarify the meal preferences that you have. We will forward the preferences to the hotels/resorts as well. For instance, the “Jain” meals need special requests and should be informed to us while booking.
- The Jain menu food items might be limited in terms of recipes, as the hotels/resorts may not offer a full-fledged Jain food menu. All the guests will get the same general/standard menu.
- The hotels chalk-out their menu (including the number of food items and prices) in accordance with the categories. The menu items and the prices may vary at different destinations and at different hotels.
- You need to communicate all grievances and complaints to our representative/concerned person. We will try to resolve the issue in the least of time.
- Guests are requested not to exert any kind of legal and/or emotional pressure towards hotel booking arrangements. The extra mattress/bed will be provided by the hotel for the child/adult when available and in line with the hotel/resort policy.
- The en route meals will be provided by the hotels.
- Distances mentioned within the itinerary are provided on the basis of our past experiences. They may vary for different vehicles, travelling season and/or time and because of other aspects.
- The guests are hereby advised to choose from the list provided by us their hotel accommodation type/amenities/facilities and other aspects carefully. Careful finalization will prevent any kind of problems and troubles later on.
- The personal expenses are to be paid by the client directly on the spot. These include expenses made towards the pony/horse rides, helicopter tickets, palaki/pithy safari, rafting, boating, shopping, telephone expense and recharges, guide and other kinds of expenses.
- All kinds of entrance fee including those to see the monuments, sightseeing, parks etc are personal in nature and the client will have to pay these costs on the spot directly. Camera fee is also a direct expense and will be charged when/where applicable.
- We advise you to double check your Airline/Railway reservation and submit to us a copy of the same while booking the tour. This will prevent any issues and misunderstandings later on.
- Kindly read, interpret and understand all the given documents related to itinerary and including vouchers, ticket copies, fact sheets and the like in order to avoid any kind of confusion/dispute later on. We can help you interpret any of the documents and the points when you inquire with us.
- If the guest accidentally damages nay of the hotel/resort facilities, amenities, infrastructure during the stay period, the dispute that hence arises will be settled on the spot with the hotel’s concerned person. Mutual understanding will guide the outcome and negotiations.
Requests to the guests/clients
- We understand that you have read and understood all the points, instructions and advice given here and are satisfied before actually finalizing the holiday tour. We will not entertain any complaints later on in this regard, hence clarify with us any points that you are confused about at the earliest.
- Our experiences over the last multiple years of tour operations have made us provide you with the points above. Both guests and ourselves have faced troubles and problems because of the above-stated issues and because of the absence of clarity in certain points.
- We request you to register your complaint (in a dignified manner) to the concerned person/representative at our company office. Requests/complaints that use proper language and are registered in a proper manner will only be entertained and sorted out.
- The complaints related to the itinerary will need time towards a solution. Time and size of the issue will also have an impact on how fast we find out the solution.
- Clients should note that we do not own the hotels/resorts, airlines, transport services, railway, States and other aspects of the tour. We are a mediator agency and a travel provider only and cannot take decisions related to these 3rd party service aspects of the tour. Various management has their own policies and regulations that influence their decisions.
- We will use all our power, resources and related goodwill to bring the best to our clients and will help them in every way towards resolving genuine issues and complaints. We advise you to keep your clam, have patience and behave like an educated gentleman that you actually are. Keep in mind that we might have to face certain difficulties in the hilly regions or in the hometown and hence solutions might take time.Travel Related Tips
All kinds of cameras, including the DSLR, Still cameras, the home cameras and the video cameras among others are allowed towards usage in the Himalayas. Their use is prohibited inside the temples.
You are advised to carry with you your cell phone. The STD/ISD phone facility is available in many places. Badrinath and Kedarnath regions have good Reliance mobile communicational connectivity. The BSNL numbers work at almost regions and places of the trip. There may be times when connecting to others might be a problem. Kindly contact us on our Hardwar number if you have to send an urgent message.
Change in travel arrangements/itinerariesWe have the right to change the itineraries and the travel arrangements of the Chardham tour, without providing you with a notice. Road, weather and other external and internal changes may call for changes.
We advise you to start exercising regularly to attain fit and lean shape, as the trip may ask for physical fitness. Stress on the aerobic exercises like running, jogging, daily walk and others so that your lung and heart is in good health when you embark on the tour. While the porters will carry your luggage. You should be fit enough to carry a bag that has the essentials towards the travel. The necessary items that you should carry along with you include a filled and clean water bottle, snacks, small scissors, safety pins, matches (waterproof), lighter, thermometer, Electral (or any other ORS) packets, neoprene powder/cream, a heat balm for joint/muscular pain, extra cloth, first aid kit, sun hat, camera and its film, dry fruits, chopsticks, light-weight rain gear and Vicks Vaporub/Vicks Inhaler among others.
This environment-related health condition can affect anyone. It may happen when a person ascends to a great height/elevation in short time period so that he/she cannot fully acclimatize to the surrounding air pressure. Kindly consult your doctor towards the same and also read “Trekking” book that will have a chapter on overcoming the problem.
Antibiotics and Anti-Inflammatory Medicines to Carry
Kindly carry with you antibiotics including Bactrim DS or Septran DS (a combination of Sulfamethoxazole/Trimethoprim. The anti-inflammatory drugs that you carry should include aspirin, avil, brufen/mortin or any other potent painkiller. We also recommend a skin antibiotic (for instance neomycin) and a sunscreen lotion with high SPF.
We strongly recommend that you buy a travel insurance for the Chardham Trip or in any other way and stay insured for the tour. We recommend that the insurance should cover the accidental hospitalization, emergency rescues, sickness and other condition that related to travel. Under no circumstances can we be held responsible for extra/healthcare expenses, health claims, mishaps, loss of luggage etc.
We recommend that you carry you both light and warm clothes. You will feel warm inside the vehicle but once out in the open, the cold Himalayan winds can be experienced. Evenings are still colder. We recommend that you carry with you clothing including:
- A warm and thick pullover
- A warm and thin pullover
- A Down jacket
- 2 warm pants
- 4 cotton sleeve T-Shirts
- 2 thermal inner (upper-vest and lower-pant)
- A raincoat that has the poncho/hood
- 2 pairs of warm wool socks
- A pair of warm gloves
- A woollen scarf/muffler
We recommend that you carry with you on the trip the following accessories
- A first-aid kit
- Small scissors, nail clipper and a torch/toilet light
- The money belt/pouch, cream, sunscreen lotion
- Monkey cap, sunglasses, sun-hat and woollen gloves
- A filled water bottle of at-least 1-litre capacity (can be easily purchased ay Hardwar).
- Pencils, pen and notebook
- Camera, the camera film and extra batteries to be used for the camera
- Pocket knife, buttons, sewing kit, towel, bags of varying sizes and strong, dust mask and a cigarette lighter
- Tablets for water purification
- A washing kit
- Rain gear that is light in weight. The waterproof raincoat should have the hood
- A walking-stick. Can be purchased I Hanuman Chatti or Gourikhand
- An oxygen cylinder (is available on a rental cost of INR 50 for each day), Mask will also be provided. You can use the oxygen cylinder when facing an emergency situation.
A short briefing programmed will be conducted the day you arrive at Hardwar. All participants must attend this program before group departure.